CMMB Vision's Partners in China - China Telecom
Click here for our partnership website China Telecom - www.chinatelecomglobal.com.
Launch of services is planned in China to achieve commercial scalability with our partners, China Telecom, followed by expansion of the business ecosystem regionally and globally. Initiatives include:
- Jump-Start Connected-Car Services in China: We will provide digital video, radio, and data services for vehicles in China to cater to the untapped market of approximately 200 million cars – growing by 30 million new car additions per year – starting with after-market vehicles and then original equipment manufacturers (OEM) auto-makers. Services will comprise live-radio, video, and Internet broadcasting bundled with value-added services.
- China Telecom Partnership: CMMB Silkwave’s cooperation with China Telecom is to jointly develop a physically integrated network between the Company’s ubiquitous L-band broadcasting network and China Telecom’s nationwide CDMA 4G/LTE network so that users with the same device can receive services from broadcast satellite as the primary data source for multimedia related content and use 4G to supplement terrestrial re-transmission for loss data packets or deep-indoor penetration while also acting as a return path for seamless interactive services. In addition, China Telecom will be a key partner in distributing CMMB Silkwave’s products and services through marketing to its user base. China Telecom is one of the largest telecommunications operators in China. It is the largest fixed line operator in China and the third largest mobile phone operator. The Chinese Government continues to own a majority stake in China Telecom through the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (“MIIT”). China Telecom also operates satellite telephony services that were previously run by China Satcom.
- Satellite-4G Convergent Network: We plan to deploy the world’s first Satellite-4G Convergent Network with a well known mobile operator in China, for dedicated nationwide connected-car network service coverage.
- 10-Year National Development Project: As our project supports multiple government strategic development initiatives, it has been designated as China’s 10th Year Plan Key National Development Project, and as such is expected to enjoy political and financial assistance from the State to benefit our development.
- Commercial Trial: We have completed successful commercial trials and will launch full services to coincide with the new Silkwave-1 satellite coming online.
- Government Mandate: Coinciding with our launch is China’s mandatory switching from an analogue radio standard to a digital standard, which puts us in a unique position of leveraging the mandate to quickly deploy digital radio services for all new vehicles in China as a first-mover
- Other Services: Following vehicles, and with the new satellite being in place, we plan to launch mobile TV and entertainment for China’s 1.37 billion consumers, and value-added data services for enterprises.
One-Belt-One-Road global deployment
Following a successful China launch, we will extend services to other Asian markets by leveraging the existing satellite infrastructure and low-cost ecosystem support as well as China’s “Silk Road Initiatives”, under which China will provide significant financial and economic resources to neighboring countries for development along the ancient “Silk Road” trade route that stretches from Asia to Africa and Europe. With our airwaves already operating over most of the region, we are well poised to benefit from the initiatives to bring modern media and Internet service to Silk Road countries and hone a global franchise.
Platform Advancing Internet - Plus
- Extend Internet to the edge and reach everyone to enhance information access and productivity.
- CMMB satellite offers ubiquitous and nationwide government essential services and in exchange government is to promote CMMB chipsets to be installed in future devices as a standard.
Platform for One-Belt-One-Road
- China’s global strategy to help countries in Asia, Middle East and Africa regions (Silk Road and maritime trade route) to develop modern transportation, information, and economic infrastructure so as to stimulate trade and cultural exchange.
- CMMB is the only mobile infrastructure covering China’s One-Belt-One-Road roadmap and can leverage government resources to extend services while serving as backbone for regional “Information Corridor”.